Wednesday 6 May 2015

Mug Cake in the microwaves!

There are times when you want to eat some cake, but you are not in the mood to make a large one and use the oven and your mixer and make a mess in the kitchen.
Well, for those times, you have your microwave oven!

This is the base, but I adapt it each time to my mood.

Microwave mug cake for one

1 egg
3 tbsp white sugar
40gr all purpose flour
15gr butter melted
1 tsp vanilla

* Mix everything together with a hand mixer.
* Pour into a buttered mug.
* Bake in the microwave oven for 1 1/2 min in medium, then check the centre.
* If it is still runny, bake for 1/2 min more and check again. It has to be tender but not runny.

This is a chocolate cake, for which I added to the above recipe:
15gr cocoa powder
20gr chocolate chips
I poked it in the middle and added caramel sauce, while hot!

This is a lemon cake, for which I added:
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest
no vanilla
(I know it sounds a bit too lemony, but I want my lemon cakes to taste lemony!) .

Louise

No comments: